Wednesday, 12 September 2007

Sausage Casserole

I made 2 versions of this, 1 with veggie sausages, 1 with meat.

I started by browning the sausages, then setting them aside.

Into the casserole I put:

1 onion (1 leek in mine as I hate onions!)Chopped up chunky
a handful of mushrooms
come sliced corgettes
a good handful of red lentils
2 cloves of garlic in 2/3 peices
2 small dried chillies - whole
fresh black pepper
A tin of plum tomatoes
1/2 a tin of cold water

I then threw the browned sausages in. I had 5 meat sausages in this amount, and 2 veggie ones in a sep casserole with the same amount.

I then put it in to cook for about an hour, but that included time for my oven to decide to warm up! lol. It needs to simmer well for at least half an hour to cook the lentils.

5 mins before I took it out I thickened the sauce with some cornflour, and returned to the oven.

YUMMY!!!

No comments: