Saturday, 24 February 2007

Puff Pastry Tarts

I used ready rolled puff pastry as I am lazy!

I cut it out into 1.5 inch squares, and then marked a second square in the centre of each tart and pricked the pastry with a knife inside the square. I got 12 out of 1 sheet.

The outside square I brushed with beaten egg.

I I mixed up the ricotta (about half a tub) with 2 lumps of frozen spinach (one of the rare non-organic things I use), and this filled 6 of the tarts.

I fried 1 organic portabello mushroom with garlic in butter, and that filled 4 tarts.

In a panic as I had 2 tarts left over I sliced some baby tomatoes and put on a few thin slices of cheddar over the top, with a twist of black pepper.

They were then baked on a greased baking tray for about 20 mins on 200*C.

2 comments:

rachiemum: said...

ooh fab recipe... ta very much

Mel_x said...

they looked v yummy, but I resisted!

I think they would be a good lunch to share though.

love

Mel x